Monday, September 26, 2011

Windows + Paint = make the gloomies disappear

Not a great photo, but what I like most about my classroom is the light.  This is definitely not a picture that emulates that... but between the blue walls and the big window, the classroom is bathed in light.  (Now that I think back, I took this picture on a rainy day...) 

In my previous classroom, I had curtains hanging up that my mother made for me.  When I moved into a non-classroom/office type role, I passed on those curtains to my sister, a first grade teacher.  They were Clifford curtains and were super cute. 

As this school year was gearing up, and I found myself back in the classroom, I had to do some back to school shopping.  With all of the great finds that I picked up for the classroom, I was running low on funds.  I have been a long time fan of Sara's Art House and decided to take inspiration from her windows. 

I called in the help of my tall hubby (help was needed b/c I have Tyrannosaurus Rex arms).  I pulled out the paints that I had in my craft stash and a paintbrush, showed Tim some window-painting-inspiration from Sara Mincy's website and put him to work.  They really look better in person.  Everyone has really liked them so far. 


When the custodian came by, I mentioned to him that I would be responsible for cleaning the windows.  He was not at all worried.  When my principal came by, I again mentioned that I would take responsibility for the windows.... and she wasn't worried.  The painted window valance was a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment