Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Homework in Kindergarten

During my first year of teaching, I sent home worksheets for homework.  Not my best moment, I know.  ALTHOUGH, I'll add that some of them were actually kinda neat that required interactive help from a parent.  

Since then, I've taken a new approach to homework.  Most of my homework assignments are not worksheet based.  For example, the homework on the first day of school was to bring in 3 things about you.  The kids loved sharing what they put in their bag!  It was also a great way for me to get to know them.

Homework on the second day of school was for the students to tell their parents about their day at school.  

Homework gets more serious from here on out.  There will be reading, word study, and math practice.  We'll kick off Book Buddys this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment