Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Today's Password: GO


Our Kindergarten pacing guide is really on a fast pace.  We just introduced 3 sight words during the second week of school and from here on out, it's 5 sight words a week.  That's right, one word a day.  So, to help my friends learn these words by "sight" I'm using some fun techniques.

Each time I introduce a new word, we give it a cheer.  You can Google search sight word cheers and easily find lists of different cheers.

Next we add it to the word wall.  We review our entire word wall each time we add a new word.


As a another way of assessing my kids, I make it the password for our room.  I put a cute sign on my door and any time someone enters the room, they need to tell us the password.  My kids think it's really neat!




No comments:

Post a Comment